Training Date: 27 Sep, 2019 Training Duration: 1 Day Venue: Grand Oriental, Gulshan-1, Dhaka
Trainer Name: Adv. Jafrul Hasan Sharif, Member of Drafting Committee of BD Labor Rules- 2015
Major areas to be covered:
- New Amendments of 2018
- Introduction to Bangladesh labor Act 2006 and Bangladesh labor Rule 2015
- Classification of workers, Employers
- Approval of Service Rules
- License of Contracting Agencies
- Misconduct, Punishment and Disciplinary Proceedings,
- Employer and Employee control under section 28 (ka)
- Appointment of Juvenile worker
- Behavior with pregnant worker.
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Function and eligibility of welfare officer
- Formation and function of Safety committee
- Child Room, Canteen and Canteen Management Committee,
- working hour and OT calculation
- Different type of Leave [Annual, Festival etc], its calculation and payment
- Wage and Piece rate worker, wage deduction, ADR for Wage
- Trade Union, CBA and its Registration,
- Formation and function of Participation Committee
- Profit Participation: Its rules and procedure
- Formation of Provident Fund, Rules and Trusty Board
- Power and responsibility of Director of Labor
- Power and responsibility of Inspector’
- Approval of Factory’s Layout plan and Registration Procedure
- Different Forms and Reporting formats and procedure
After completion of the session participants will be able to :
- Participant will be able to understand Labor law 2006 and Labor (amendment) Act,2013 properly from the practical experiences.
- Participant will be able to understand the new changes in Labor (amendment) Act,2013
- Participants will be able to understand all rules, regulations and discussion in the latest gazette of Bangladesh Labor Rules 2015
- Participant will be able to draft the show cause letter, charge sheet, investigation, dismissal letter and able to understand the common mistakes, lacunas of the process in line with Labor (amendment) Act, 2013;
- Participant will be able to handle and resolve industrial dispute in accordance to the new Labor (amendment) Act, 2013.
Who will be benefited:
- Management/ MD/ CEO
- HR Personnel / Potential HR Personnel
- Management / HR Consultants
- Compliance Personnel/ Practitioners
- Factory Manager/ Administrator
Mr. Jafrul Hasan Sharif has over 17 years of experience, working in the field of corporate legal service, labor matter, compliance audit, and human rights issues as a lawyer. Mr. Sharif has vast experience in resolving labor disputes, legal implication of human resource management, labor compliance in the industries and alternative dispute resolution. Mr. Sharif has expertise on dealing labor, other civil and criminal cases in the lower and upper Judiciary.Currently Mr. Sharif working as a Labor Law expert in the labor law and policy reform committee of the Labor and Employment Ministry of the Government of Bangladesh, He drafted the Labor Law 2006, The Labor (amendment) Act 2013 and National Labor Policy of Bangladesh. The National Labor Policy 2012 approves by the cabinet after thirty two years of countries labor policy of 1982. He also drafted the labor Rule 2015, National Inspection Policy and Inspection Manual for the ministry of labor and Employment as a core member of the drafting committee. He also reviewed and supported the government to reform upcoming BEPZA Labor Act 2015. In addition, Mr. Sharif is a reputed resource person and experienced trainer on legal affairs, labor and industrial relations. He conducts training courses, workshops, seminars for government officials, corporate bodies, police officials, judges, lawyers and non-governmental organizations on Labor Laws, corporate legal issues, alternative dispute resolution, human rights and legal aid.
In addition, Mr. Sharif also contributed for developing human resource manual for the Readymade Garments Industries as per labor laws of Bangladesh; the document was prepared for IIFC, as a legal consultant of IIFC, a project of World Bank. He also contributed for developing social compliance training module for GIZ. He also worked as a GIZ consultant for developing social compliance standard for RMG industries in Bangladesh. He also works as labor expert to conduct Bangladesh Labor Assessment for US Mission under the US State Department in 2008 and 2014. He also Prepare code of conduct and labor compliance documents for Shrimp Processing industries of Bangladesh as legal consultant of USAID.
Mr. Sharif has Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in Law from the University of Dhaka and is an enrolled Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh. He has completed his post graduation in personnel management in Bangladesh Institute of Management; he is also a certified lead auditor for SA 8000. Since January 2007 Mr. Sharif is also working as a regular resource person of Bangladesh Institute of Management (BIM) and Civil Service College (CSC) as a legal and labor law expert. He is also the member of National Occupational Health and Safety Council, an advisory council run by the government under the supervision of Ministry of Labor and Employment. Currently Mr. Sharif is a practicing lawyer of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh, senior partner and chairman of Attorneys, a legal and management consulting firm.
Mr. Jafrul Hasan Sharif advices different national and international organization like Grameen Phone, ROBI Axiata Ltd, Airtel, Ericson, NEC Corporation (Japan), Heidelberg Cement Group(Germany), Bata, Pan Pacific Sonorgaon Hotel, Ruposhi Bangla (Intercontinental) Hotel, Hotel Grand Sultan, R-pac ltd, Standard Chartered Bank, City Bank, Prime Bank Limited, Primark, Marico (India), Dabor (India), Emami (india), Summit Communications, Multiline GmbH (Germany), Source Direct International UK (Little wood), Campvally HK, Bohemian Travel Gear Ltd, Evergreen (BD) ltd China, King Kong Group, Hansol Group Korea, TUV SUD, Intertek, ITS Lab Test, MASCO Group, Up2date, Bangladesh Frozen Foods Exporters Association (BFFEA), Oxfam GB, MSF Holland, Project Concern International (PSI) USA, BWAA(Australia), Bangladesh Shrimp and Fish Foundation (BSFF) etc.
Read more Brochure Register Now